Friday, April 11, 2008

stuff to do with charm packs, part four

Make frameable art.



I was inspired by these cute cards from How About Orange. This is a tree I drew in Illustrator, then output on green art paper that I had in my stash. Then I cut the leaves out with an Xacto knife and used charm square fabric behind the holes. You just snip out a piece slightly larger than the leaf and glue or tape it around the edges to the back side of the paper. Then put it in a frame, or if you use it without a frame, you would adhere an additional piece of chip board or matte board on the back so you won't see all the ugly stuff. I like to use a generous sized matte and a simple black frame.

If you want to do something a lot like this, you can download the tree here. It makes a 5x7 piece of art.

4 comments:

  1. can i have one of those too?

    you just need to open a store.
    i would probably buy everything it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog and your style. This little tree (with cut outs for the leaves and fabric behind) is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tree Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!