Thursday, April 10, 2008

stuff to do with charm packs, part three

Make coasters.

My wonderful friend Robyn made these for me. I love them, they make me happy. She used a Freshcut fabric charm pack. I love that fabric line! What's really fun is they are different fabrics on each side, so I continuously flip them to show new fabric. I'm going to take the liberty of guessing how these are made.

Take two squares right sides facing, sew around the edges, leaving an unsewn portion in order to turn it right side out. Turn, press. Topstitch all the way around the edge. Then, starting on the outside edge, topstitch in a 1/4" square spiral all the way to the middle. Did I miss anything, Robyn?

Postscript: Robyn says she used some cotton batting in between the squares also, and that the idea for the coasters came from Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts. Thanks again, Robyn!


  1. That's pretty much it. I also sandwiched cotton batting in there to add body and absorbency. By the way, credit goes to Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts for the original concept. Glad you like 'em!

  2. I am totally addicted to your blog! Even though I have absolutely no time to do a thing, I can live vicariously through you!


Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!