Saturday, June 7, 2008

on my desk


this thing has been in my head a while. A little shadowbox for my mantel that has layered paper and fabric a la A Little Hut. I'd like to make the clothes actually hanging on a thread clothesline with tiny toothpick simulated clothespins. Clothes will be out of fabric and paper. In the background I have this gorgeous green blue fabric for the sky and I'd like little red birds hanging by threads and clouds of batting. And some pinked grass at the bottom. I can't wait to make it.

I checked out the shadowboxes at Hobby Lobby and Joann. What in the world? They want like $24 for an 8x10 box. Yikes. I went to (angels singing) Ikea after that and bought a bunch that I liked better anyway for $10 a piece. I love those frugal Swedes.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really cool idea. (I somehow missed out on diorama-making growing up.) Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some tiiny little clothes pins made to hang christmas cards. That would work sweetly, if I could figure out where they were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, I have never seen any so tiny as I needed for this. I ended up using broken tooth picks! Worked fine.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!