Wednesday, July 16, 2008

more vintage mystery fabric

Ok, these are from another quilt I stare at a lot. I think it was made by my husband's great grandmother from Arkansas. It is really vibrant and cheerful, but what absolutely fascinates me are the tantalizing bits of this one particular fabric that I would kill to have a whole piece of.

It looks like a little dutch or german girl who is picking mushrooms and putting them in a basket. There's also coordinating fabrics with just the dot and flower motifs, or maybe this is all part of one huge repeat, who knows?

I'm thinking of recreating this pattern in Illustrator to use for myself or possibly on Spoonflower if they ever open that up to plebs like me.


  1. olivia, shows up ok on my pc and my mac...maybe try later? there are several pics

  2. I don't know what was going on, but I see them fine now. Sorry :)

  3. Cute fabric. Let me know when it's available for sale... :) (I feel so gratified.)


Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!