Friday, October 31, 2008

cookies make it all better

Happy Halloween everybody!

Sorry, this is not a crafty post. And it doesn't even have a photo. My entire family has been felled by a nasty cold virus. 'Cold' doesn't seem a strong enough word. We are slowly digging our way out, but I am not up to a photoshoot at the moment. Any energy I have will be focused on making a ghost costume for a girl with a chest cough (yes, I'm making it today) and glamming up a snotty Cinderella.

How about some wonderful cookies? My good friends Tracy and Chris (ie Salt of the Earth), spent all day yesterday cooking and baking for the sick folks at our church. Tracy knocked on our door and braved Germ World long enough to drop off homemade chicken soup, bread, and these wonderful cookies. We even ate some cookies together with some fresh strong joe. Man, they were good cookies. When she told me the recipe, I had to share it. So simple even my addled brain can handle it right now.

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box cake mix, flavor of choice (in this case, butter pecan)
1 stick of butter, melted
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened

That's it folks. You know, low fat. Ha. Mix all that in a bowl, roll into balls, slap on a cookie sheet and bake them at 350 F for about 10-12 minutes. They are especially good if they are not overcooked. Mmmchewy. Like anyone needs anything else sweet to eat right now with all the Halloween calories in bowls everywhere.

I hope everyone is feeling healthy enough for trick or treating. If you aren't, maybe someone nice will bake you some of these cookies.


  1. Those sounds so good, and EASY! My kind of baking.

    Hope you all are feeling better soon!

  2. I've made these cookies tons of times and they are delish!! Especially, like you said, if you don't overbake them. Yum!


Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!