I recently realized that the constant mental strain of having a bunch of unfinished projects laying around my craft room, all glaring at me accusingly (perhaps a delusion caused by the mental strain), is going to take actual years off my life.
I start projects and then run into some kind of snag, or just can't finish in one sitting, then they get shunted aside and the next moment I'm free I blithely start something else. And I spend a lot of time thinking up new projects instead of finishing the ones I've started. It's a sickness. Is it just me?
1) letters that spell 'create' that were going to help inspire me, gathering a thick layer of dust while waiting to be covered with fabric and hung from my wall above the sewing machine
2) embroidery hoops purchased months ago to emulate the look of this I saw on the purl bee
3) my husband's ancient and now frayed baby quilt, inherited by my daughter, and for which I bought a new binding weeks ago. I cringe when I hear a small, plaintive voice saying 'Mommy, is my quilt fixed yet?'
4) the saddest WIP of all. A dress I was so freakin' excited to make for myself, and I ran into snag. I canNOT seem to 'ease' the sleeves as instructed. 'Ease'. ha. Sounds deceptively like 'easy'. So I stopped sewing, and started researching sleeve cap ease. I found an article on how it isn't really needed if you know how to make a sleeve pattern the old fashioned way. After which I started to redraw the sleeve pattern for this dress. Laid down and shunted. This is the one that glares the hardest.
6) pointless unfinished fabric postcard that was supposed to be mailed months ago to a little elephant lover that is now going on four, not three.
5) not pictured. Unfinished Katy Kitty pattern. sigh.
You also now know my shameful secret, that my craft room and office is an absolute train wreck. I get stressed out viewing pictures of other's exemplary craft areas, all neatly organized (not to mention exquisitely decorated) with a place for everything and everything in its place. All in a cheerful and bright color. More years off my life. Does anyone else admit to having an armpit for a craft area?