Wednesday, December 10, 2008


I've had several crafters ask where to get wool felt, so thought I'd share this resource with you. It is tough to find wool felt in my town, even at the huge craft super stores they only have the occasional bolt in one or two colors. I'm running out of the mother lode of wool felt scraps I found at the thrift store a while back, so I found (aka, Prairie Point Junction) online and gave them a try.

This felt I bought (pictured above) is sold by the 12x18 inch sheet, and is not 100% wool, but a wool/rayon blend which I thought I'd give a try. I love it so far. The colors are beautiful, and it seems to have a nice texture and weight. It is also not as pricey as 100% wool.

I also bought some recently from JCarolineCreative, and really liked it. She has a nice selection of 100% wool and also wool blends, which she sells by the yard and also by the fat quarter.

If you'd like to read more, I also found this helpful post on Old School Acres comparing wool, wool blend, and acrylic felts, with more links to sources.


  1. yummy looking felt! can't wait to see the things you make with it!

  2. Thanks so much for the info - I never really understood the differences in felt - now I want some wool felt!!

  3. Larissa! My american tween! Merry Cristmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!!! Larissa Holland from Holland

  4. Larissa Holland! Are you the same delightful Larissa, the artist, with whom I shared a few emails a long while ago? Your profile is not available, so wasn't sure. In any case, thanks for your good wishes, and happy new year to my Dutch twin across the big water.


Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!