Monday, December 15, 2008

more felt ornaments

I finally got some better light, so here are some ornaments I made for myself last year. I had so much fun dreaming them up. You can see I like sparkly.




I remembered being very inspired by the 2007 Anthropologie ornaments for my flying bird. I loved how all the colorful embroidery looked on theirs.


The mushroom ornament is ok, but I don't like how the legs look on the bug (kinda curled up like it's dead, ew), but I was too lazy to pick them back out and redo. I guess I could just pick them out and leave it legless.


The elf ornament is still a sad little WIP a year later. I got frustrated because the legs ended up in the wrong place the first time, and I was too lazy to redo the whole body because I had glued the legs in. I see a theme developing here. Maybe the embarrassment over revealing my follow-through problems will inspire me to finish it this year.

11 comments:

  1. These are super exquisite!!!! They are a work of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, amazed at all that DETAIL. The bird is fantastic. You must really love doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely adorable! I loveeee that bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't handle the cuteness! These are so great, I admire your craftsmanship. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the elf is my favorite. It just looks like he's got a little elf dancin going on! Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your christmas inspiration! You've got an award waiting for you in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very inspirational blog! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work:) The elf is my favorite - he has a hint of mischief on his cute little face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing.. I love the sweet little details in each one!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!