Monday, January 12, 2009

iPhoto rocks


I was reading up on my favorite blogs and was reminded by a timely Wee Wonderfuls post just how great iPhoto books are. I have created several as gifts, but have never gotten one to keep for myself.

Above are a couple spreads from one I put together for my niece Erin, in honor of her wedding. There are so many great themes and layout options in iPhoto (even though I have the comparatively lame-O old version), that a perfectionist (read obsessive compulsive) like myself can get kinda bogged down in details, but that is just me.


These are samples from one I did as a gift for Robyn, because they so graciously invited me to crash for a week in their hotel room while they were in the Netherlands. I decided to order one for myself, so I switched a few of the photos around to be more Larissa-centric and hit the 'buy this book' button! yay!


Since I was on a roll, and also had unsuccessfully searched for an available 2009 Charley Harper calendar, I decided to put one together from our own goofy baby photos. I'll be smiling all year. I can't wait til they get printed up and mailed to me, can't happen fast enough!

Ah the wonder of affordable, remotely uploaded, custom made, one-off, professionally printed books. We live in magical times.

(Thanks, Bess!) If you don't have a Mac, you can still publish photo books with a number of online vendors, including Kodak and Snapfish, although I've no experience with either.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't know you could do all of that in iPhoto. I thought there was just the plain black and white. I love the second set of spreads that you show. I think I'm going to have to open up that program again and re-check it out :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa, I am going to ask a really dumb question. Do you have to use a MAC to use iPhoto or is it a program you download like iTunes? I am a PC user but this sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bess, remember, no question is a dumb question! actually I feel kind of dumb for plugging a product that seems to be exclusive to Mac users. I love my Mac and get a little Mac-centric sometimes. I did a little searching on apple.com, and while iTunes and iPod have Windows versions, I think iPhoto (part of the iLife package) is still only on Mac OS. There is a good selection of online businesses doing these kinds of books, including Kodak and Snapfish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to do a photobook from iPhoto for our wedding for the guests to see all of our silliness before we got married.

    I've also considered going thru costco, their program isn't as good, but it's a cheaper alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya! you left a comment on my blog, so I thought I would stop by, and I am loving your blog! So glad you stopped by so I could find you!

    Lizzy House

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for all the comments, love it. Thanks for the lovin' on my felt ornament and fabric. That was my first project with felt, I am in love...love, love felt. That fabric is wonderful, it's a Japanese import that I found at a boutique in Denver (fancytiger.com). No wedding bells in your future though, three's a crowd ya know? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!