Wednesday, January 7, 2009

luckeeee.


(Sorry, this post is a bit later than I wanted. Blogger was acting mad wack*.)

While I was spending my free time in December crafting gifts for people I love, my bosom friend Robyn was busy crafting lovely and thoughtful things for me! Unbeknownst to me until now, she has taken up a new craft that I have yet to venture into, jewelry making. This is the beautiful bracelet she made for lucky moi. I'd love to learn more about it and maybe try some for myself, if I can get these kind of results. Look at the tiny shrinky charms! sigh...Charley Harper!


She sewed this notebook/notecard wrap for me, which was inspired by a similar project on Soulemama. Lovely!


Included inside were a great little Molskine, stamps, and room for a few of the note cards below, which she found just for me because she knows it's from my favorite fabric line ever. It's so nice to be loved.




As if that were not off the hook enough, these are the sweetest little pillows she made for my two girls from Wee Wonderful's elf pattern. As I'm sure you will agree, Robyn's embroidery is mad crunk, and I wish I had her sick sewing skillz*.


*This pack of helpful slang reference cards was their gift for my husband, and it is the funniest thing we've seen in a long time. We are thoroughly enjoying being ever more hip (er...dope?), in spite of also being hopelessly suburban and over thirty.

9 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to have a friend like her! I love the bracelet! And my husband and I try to talk slang too. It's pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With every post, I find you more creative and now you have added terribly hip to your credentials. "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor" is becomming harder every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom of 5, thanks for pretending I have enough hipness to actually covet! ha! My nieces and nephews just roll their eyes and snicker when I use my new words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ***DROOL***

    Wiping chin and table top. (HEEHEE)

    Robyn is very creative! She needs her own blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, JESSICA. SHE CERTAINLY DOES NEED A BLOG. (said as pointedly as I can, Robyn)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OY! I love that notecard organizer....*runs off to make a note in planner to make some for Christmas gifts next year*

    And I love your blog. Stumbled across the link to your Molly Monkey pattern and find myself coming back again and again. :)

    I have 3 boys and 19 months ago we had a girl. So, I'm collecting fun projects to make for wee girls.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, thanks and welcome! so many cute girlie things to make out there, oh, where will you start?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thanks for the tribute, Larry. And, Jessica, you must know the pressure's really on when you're gifting a superior crafter like Larissa. Glad you like!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!