Wednesday, January 28, 2009

new buttons!


You remember this delightful little jacket given to me by my bosom friend, Robyn? Well, we both love the jacket (she also has one herself), but neither of us were in love with the gold tone/pearl buttons it came with. She replaced hers with great fabric covered ones, and a couple weeks ago I finally replaced mine.



I had looked all over for some vintage looking buttons, but it was very hard to find the right color and also the right number of available buttons. I finally went the same route as Robyn and covered a few buttons with Tula Pink's Nest fabric, and I love the result.

I was actually sewing them on in the car as I was being driven to a date by my husband. Some things never change.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love that you sew in the car( been there done that). My mom always kept wrapping paper, scissors and tape in the car for last minute gift wrapping. My sister and I would wrap in the back seat while she drove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!!! Great idia!

    And thank you for monkey patteren. My Nancy (2T) Love it!!

    http://godgavemehands.blogspot.com/2009/01/molly-monkey.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!