Friday, January 9, 2009

um. wow.

ALL IMAGES VIA YULIA BRODSKAYA

The bomb-diggety illustrations of Yulia Brodskaya. I've never been particularly interested in learning quilling until I was flat wowed by her work the other day via Folding Trees. Man. Genius typography combined with curled paper just sent me over the edge.

If you are interested (like me) in finding out more about quilling you can check out this handy guide on Craft Expert. (via CRAFT)

Also, of course Martha has a few projects if you'd like to try out your new found knowledge.

14 comments:

  1. I just saw quilling on TV the other day on some scrapbooking show. It looked really cool but nothing like what you found. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my good gracious! Patience is a virtue, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That is something I've always wanted to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...I've never been interested before but now my interest has been tipped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un-freakin-believable! it's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously amazing! Love the new V-day color scheme and pic of Michael and the girls! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Italian, sorry for my english. Your blog is vary fancy.
    This quilling is so incredible!
    Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia, thanks, I thought it was time for some pink around here.
    Luisa, I can't speak a word of Italian, so you are way ahead of me! thanks for the comment. Can I come visit? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, these works are amazing! i never thought much of quilling, too, but recently i've started seeing some pretty good stuff and even bought myself a quilling tool.
    anyway, thanks for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they're absolutely beuatiful! Although I can't begin to imagine the finger papercuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. um. wow. (2)

    That looks SOOOOO pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!