Friday, March 13, 2009

the reee-diculous pile, part 2

I'm still stuck on Baby Binky Bunny, so here's more of the ludicrous stack of To Do projects cluttering my desk. All these center around new summer threads for the kiddos.


First up we have a whole new slew of ribbon purchased on impulse at Michaels. Hey, they were only $1.00 a piece! That means I have at least six of these cute little skirts to sew now.



Then there's this, which is a project sprung from my fevered brain. I saw a cute little sundress in brown, pink and orange at Kohls the other day, and had the brilliant idea to sew two similar ones for my girls. So I drew the sketch above and bought the fabrics. Kona cottons, on sale at Joann. Except for the two on the right, which I had in my stash. I just realized light pink is missing from the picture. But I have it. I don't think I need a pattern. Right? Should be simple. (weak laugh) We'll see.


Next up we have a pillowcase set aside due to Robyn's inspiration to sew my girls some quickie nightgowns. I really like her pillowcase dress method. I'm pretty sure I have another pillowcase I thrifted somewhere, probably petrifying in the fabric stash strata. I'll have to plan a dig for it. I know the lasses would adore having something girly to wear to bed. Can you believe neither one has ever had a nightgown? Only shorts sets and pants. They'll feel so Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Too. Many. Projects. (brain cells going into protective coma) Have a great weekend everyone. Crossing my fingers to have Bunny ready by Monday.

16 comments:

  1. So inspiring! I just got to work, and now I want to run home and sew my heart out. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new project for the sundresses! Good luck, I can't wait to see how they turn out. Jessica and I made a trip to JoAnn (coupon commotion) yesterday and bought tons of fabric and ribbon to make our girls the Oliver + S skirts. I am so excited! I have had them bookmarked for months, now Chloe will be wearing them all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress idea. I wish mine were still small enough to use pillow cases for gowns. The only way my kids wore gowns were grandma presents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love the sundress colors. And, yes, the girls will love the nightgowns. That blue is so pretty!

    Audrey goes for a girly gown every time. She is such a priss.(Which I secretly revel in, especially with Boy #2 on the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love! all the colors. all the upcoming finished products. ;) i need to get in on the pillow case action
    good luck with bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the results and maybe the progress too? Please. I'm hoping to do all 3 of those things also. Well, the dress is different but still.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get sewing on some summer clothes for my little one as well...fabric is picked out, patterns have been decided upon, now I just need a swift kick in the rear to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just sewed a practice skirt last night like those dresses, and realized what NOT to do! Good thing I used my non-cute cottons :). Good luck, I'm sure you won't even need the practice run like I did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks, everybody. Sarah, I will try to make a point of sharing some progress notes. Melanie, you are leaving me wondering. Maybe you should share so I won't make the same mistake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that i am not alone in the overload of brain fluidity. sometimes they are just so pushy--they just want to get out and won't leave me alone!! good luck and can't wait to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a pattern that is almost exactly like what you drew if you decide you want to be less adventurous. It's McCalls and is pattern M4814
    I can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bess, thanks for that pattern number! I looked it up and you are right, it is on the money. If I run into trouble, I know where to go. Thing is, most little girl commercial patterns are so ill-fitting on my girls anyway I have to make big alterations and it seems almost easier to start from nothing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful colors, spring must be coming soon, right?!?
    Make sure to share finished photos with us!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad to read that I am not the only one with too many projects and ideas tumbling around my brain. First on the list is to tidy up my studio...that one may never be done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that sundress! How cute! I can't wait to see how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!