Monday, April 27, 2009

bibs and burps



Now that the baby boy shower for my friend Beth's daughter is over and the cat's out of the bag, I can show these. What fun it is to make cute and simple baby things! I used the excellent bib pattern provided for free by Chick Pea Sewing Studio, thank you very much! The burp cloths need no pattern, they are just 9.5 x 18.5 inch rectangles of terry cloth and cotton fabric sewn right sides together with a quarter inch seam and turned.



Because of limited attic space I have to really pare down what I keep forever in the special keepsake boxes for my girls. But the gorgeous bibs and burp cloths made by my bosom friend when my girls were wee babes definitely made the cut. It was so nice to have not only practical but beautiful things in my life just when I felt the most bedraggled, and I wanted to pass a little of that feeling on to someone else.

10 comments:

  1. Those turned out great! I love all of the cute and pretty personalized burp cloths I have received for my kids. A great thing to make something gross a little more stylish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love your boy versions. One more thing to add to the pre-June to do list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous! So nice in fact that baby momma does not want to use them. :-) Thank you so much. You are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THey are super cute! Cam I use your pictures? I want to post about them
    juju

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out beautifully. I think I'll have to make some for future use :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chickpea, of course, that'd be fine! and thanks!

    And Robyn, duh, do not add to your list. Hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and rewarding sewing project between nap times! Thanks!

    BTW! Any heads up on great online resources for fun fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy, glad you enjoyed it, and as for the fabric, too many to name, almost! SewMamaSew, Fabric.com, and JCarolineDesigns are all ones I've used in the past. Also have found some real fabric store gems on etsy.com, like freshsqueezedfabrics and daffodilhill. To name a few. Also, my friend Robyn loves hancocks-paducah.com.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!