Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a bit of shopping

(softly playing strains of Peaches n' Herb's Reunited in background)

Back with my little friend upstairs.

The whole fam at Arlington National Cemetery.
This is the view from Kennedy's grave site. It. Was. Freezing.


Here are some finds from our recent family truckster trip to Washington DC to visit our friends Mike and Judy. We had a lovely time. We walked our cotton pickin' feets off. By the end of the week I was tired of hoofing it to national monuments. I just wanted some retail therapy.

So we indulged in a jaunt to Old Town Alexandria and Georgetown for sightseeing, macaroons, coffee, and girly time. Meanwhile the boys went off to take 1000 pictures of airplanes at the aviation museum. I can't understand why guys feel the need to clinically document ALL the sights, while at the same time leaving any human we know out of the pictures. It must be a guy thing.



I'm the only silly person you probably know who is just now buying a 2009 calendar for my craft cave (on sale, huge shocker). This one was at the Paper Source in Alexandria. What's cool about it is:
a) it's huge
b) it's purty
c) it has printed templates on the back of each page to make paper projects with.



As a bonus for being so calendar tardy: no waiting to rip off Jan-Mar pages (above) and make something neato.


Napkin from Anthro that will become a couch pillow in its new life. It's pretty big, not sure if I'm going to cut it down some or fold it or make patchwork or what.


Tea towel from Anthro that will also be reborn as a couch pillow. Who could use this to mop up a counter? This one I'll fold in half and sew the edges, so the back will be just as pretty as the front. Project list just got longer!

12 comments:

  1. Um. I haven't bought a calendar for my craft room yet.

    Love the goodies, especially the calendar. Envy the personal girly time. Are you suuuuuuure you want to wait until this summer to come down here???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful treasures... love the potential couch cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for you Baby Binky Bunny pattern. It was the best money I have spent in awhile. My mom and I had a great time working on him (and an Easter basket) the Saturday before Easter, and I think my nephew really liked him!!

    http://sabkab.blogspot.com/2009/04/hippity-hoppity.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed DC, we went this past July 4th. I almost wore thru my new sandals . We walked more than I thought possible. One of the highlights was stopping where Stonewall Jackson died right outside of DC! We are GODS and Generals nerds and were so excited.Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the future pillows! Now that I have a machine I will hopefully be sewing. So how could I make BBB more masculine for my floopie? And ok.. slap me if necessary but your house has 2 floors? Do you have a secret house that I have not been to yet? Have I walked right passed stairs and not noticed? Cause that could sooo happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tea towel is gorgeous. Wish with had anthropologie here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrappinbethie,
    the BBB is a boy based on what fabric you choose and not adding eyelashes. If that is not masculine enough, maybe you could make a little fabric remote for him to hog. :-)
    Yes, my house has a secret magical upper story that's not visible to muggles. Ha! you must have missed the stairs. It's just a room above the garage, my craft cave/office.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the owl tea towel... can you say jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of your finds! The pillows are going to be great, love that store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love your new stuff, Larissa!
    Specially the paper patterns thing...

    Kisses from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looooove Alexandria (I have some of my most cherished possessions from the antique stores there)! I grew up in DC and miss it so!

    ...and that calendar.. is pure genius!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful anthro goodies! I can only dream about that shop!

    Beautiful family picture!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!