Monday, May 4, 2009

easy littles


Two easy little things to make by the dozen and stash in purses. Good for gifting to moms and girlfriends. These two were for my big sister, Lita.


The tissue holder was made from my own measurements, but I got the tutorial for free from clever Bella Dia. Her tissue holder is sized for the Puffs-To-Go type of tissue, so I adjusted the size for the portable Kleenex tissue size (which is more narrow) and also added an overlap.

If you'd like to make one for Kleenex sized tissues also, cut her pattern down from 6.5 inches x 9 inches to 6.5 inches by 7.5 inches. Then follow her excellent tutorial, only be sure to add the .75 inch overlap on top. Making one of these things only takes about 15 minutes, seriously.


The free coffee cozy tute is at House On Hill Road. I opted to stitch it closed instead of adding a loop and button. It's really easy to put together, another one you can do in about 15 minutes. And you can earn approving smiles from your earth-conscious barista. This fun fabric is part of Erin McMorris's Park Slope collection.

P.S. It's my 13th anniversary with my Schmoopy today. He's so dreamy. sigh.

18 comments:

  1. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking a Starbucks gift card tucked in the cozy would be a great little gift. Love the fabric too!

    Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Does your sister's name rhyme with Rita? Mine is Leta and rhymes with Rita,LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary, guys! Ack - wait - that means mine is a week away. Gotta go scramble a gift together!

    (Really cute projects, by the way! You're not making M's day gifts for all of your sisters, are you?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia, ooh even better. Love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, lesthook,
    Yes, it rhymes with Rita. She has never liked her name and I have always tried to convince her how absolutely cool it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn, erm, yes, that was my goal. May or may not happen!
    And my anniversary is today and I've got Michael exactly nothin. So I've got to really pool my mental resources and think of a nice thing to do for him in the next few hours. Pretty sad, huh?
    Whose stupid idea was it to have my anniversary, my sister's birthday, my daughter's birthday and also mother's day all within a week of each other?
    argh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I'm sure you'll think of something great before he gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cute. I have had Bella Dia's tutorial saved to make these, but have yet to get around to it. Yours turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on 13 years! How wonderful! My hubby and I will be celebrating 5 years next month :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fabric is lovely! I could use a tissue cozy, I've got the most annoying cold going...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially like the tissue box cover cos despite anti histamines I'm 4ever needing tissues! Just a thought...use a cute piggy fabric and it'd be perfect for this swine flu pandemic!! :o

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! I think the coffee cup cozy is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those, Larissa!

    I know a lot of ladies who would love them. Maybe I'll try to make some too.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a quick gift to make! Thank you for the kleenex size modifications.

    Olivia--gift card tucked in the cosy is a great idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crafty, cute and environmentally conscious!

    And so nice to have projects like these in the gift closet for last minute gifts.

    Happy belated Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone, thanks for your kind anniversary wishes! Y'all are swell. Now that I've made a bunch of these as mom's day gifts, I need to make MYSELF a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the link love Larissa! Such a cute set :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!