Friday, May 29, 2009

sewing for a sweet little girl


A small person I know recently had a birthday. Her sweet little self is just as effervescent as the pattern on this shirt. I still love the Katie Jump Rope fabric so much, and I was delighted to see it come available again. This pattern = Simplicity 3743, but I made so many little adjustments it almost isn't. I've made it a few times before, but the shirt pattern is too short and too wide, and it is the same deal with the pants.

Sizewise I was shooting for Slightly-Too-Big-But-Not-So-Huge-She-Can't-Wear-It-Now-However-Still-Big-Enough-To-Also-Wear-Next-Year-If-Possible. Which is tricky when the small person in question lives two states away. I'm told the package has now arrived, and I hope I got close.

(If I didn't, go on and pretend I did.)

8 comments:

  1. It is adorable! So, so nice!
    I'm also making some baby projects for a litte girl that is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend, and her little girl, are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!

    So nice to have you back up online again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks y'all! I'm making my girls the same outfit because I thought it turned out so cute. Had to piece it some though, ran out of the KJR print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the type of fabrics you choose for your sewing-for little-girls-projects! This one is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous - I love the projects posted on your blog (which I recently discovered via your Etsy shop). I know homecrafts are meant to be "in" again due to the world-wide recession, but actually finding crafts that inspire is another matter, and your blog has them in spades. I love your fabric choices and helpful hints - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fabric choice. Nice for a girl, but not too girly girl :) I know all about the 'small enough for now but big enough for another season!"

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!