Friday, June 26, 2009

crafting on the go

I'm currently staying with my mom in Huntsville, where you can fry an egg on your forehead. This past week I've been here for the VBS at her church (which is wonderful) so my girls have been having a lovely time between that and crawling all over their cousins.

I haven't been to exercise class in a week and a half, so that is going to knock me flat when I get back home, no doubt carrying an extra 5 lbs to lose as well. My family and delicious food have a very close relationship. We seem to be unable to socialize without something in our mouths.

I actually brought my sewing machine here with me, along with a stack of fabric in the hopes of knocking out a few Projects. I've been working on some new things for Asher and I might get to something else before we go home on Monday. I'll post about those at some point.

I think I spent longer pondering what fabric and notions to bring than I did on packing my own clothes and the girls'.

See y'all again next week. Have a stupendous weekend.

11 comments:

  1. It has been hot here, hasn't it? Today my son told me it was "chilly" outside. I checked the thermometer and saw that it was *only* 95 degrees - time to break out the sweatshirts! I hope you enjoy your time here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Florence, so it's the same here as Huntsville. I told my husband today it was Don't-Even-Go-Outside hot :) Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello from huntsville/madison! what a small world. stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too live in Hsv and have an outside party planned tomorrow where I get to watch a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds melt. :)

    This time of year we spend much of our time at the children's museum or in the sprinklers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Montgomery was pretty hot today too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh...goody, goody, goody...Asher and I can't wait! Tried to call a few days back, figured it must be H'ville week. Did you do the girls' party?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep, it's hot here...Gadsden couldn't be much cooler, but while you're in Huntsville check out Flying Monkeys...their Artist's Market is on Saturday and it's pretty cool...here ya go...

    http://www.flyingmonkeyarts.org/

    Look under the Lowe Mill section...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Alabamians, and specifically Huntsvegas and Madisonites! I'm actually staying in Madison, my mom and one of my sisters lives here off of Hughes Rd. I have two other sisters here too, but they live on the East end of town. Maybe I'll see y'all at Target or Starbucks. :-) I'll be the one standing under the air vent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilary, thanks for the link, maybe we'll have time to check it out today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robyn, yep, the girls had their pool party and had a ball. The youngest even got off the pool steps and ventured into the 3 ft water. Huge, for her.
    Those are two very tired kids. After a week of daily VBS and running around, and bedtime, what's that?
    I need to finish Asher's things at home, I've run into a bit of a snag. I bought these pretty pearlized snaps but apparently I'm going to have to rent a gorilla to hammer them in for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are having fun in Huntsville! My inlaws live in Union Grove. Hopefully it is cooling down a little this week. The bunnies are taking over all of my free crafting time. Thanks for a great pattern ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!