Monday, June 8, 2009

splurge









All images shown above are from 'Charley Harper: An Illustrated Life'

eeeeeeee!
I won't embarrass myself by trying to comment intelligently about this eminent man's body of work. Suffice it to say, looking at this book makes me very, very happy.

The book itself is so huge that it is awkward to hold or pick up. It definitely has Presence, of the kind that should be gracing a beautiful and sizable coffee table, of which I have none. Sadly, it had to settle for the top (and then some) of a demilune table that is just not up to the job. I love to see it there all the same.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my breathe....breathe....I have serious book envy now. I ADORE his art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, I have three words for you...Overstock. Dot. Com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (the price has even taken a HUGE dive from what I paid (but of course!). Apparently there's a new edition being printed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw the little bit they did on that on the sunday morning show awhile ago. love it and the whole collection. you are sooooo lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His work is fantastic. We just got a little ABCs board book with his illustrations. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've given you an award, to receive it visit http://annaoreilly.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-1st-blog-award.html

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've given you an award, to receive it visit http://annaoreilly.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-1st-blog-award.html

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. There goes my birthday idea for you. Thpffffft.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!