Wednesday, July 8, 2009

craft equation


+ these

= these

Cheap plastic beads and recycled sparkly plastic string from recent VBS projects added up to some fun and chatty crafty time for me, my two girls, plus my sweet 12 yr old niece Raven, who has been wearing her bracelet 24 hours a day since we made them. She even discovered that one of her beads glows in the dark. And when you use plastic beads and plastic string, you can wear it while in the pool. Sa-weet!


  1. Those gerber bottles look so cute filled with candy balls,ummmm beads!

    Very cute project larissa! thanks for sharing!

  2. Love the crafting project, Larissa!
    Reminds me of my childhood... I SO loved bracelets!! ^^

    Kisses from Brazil!

  3. Where do you get that round plastic lacing?

    1. Hey, Hagus.
      I feel like it should be available at any craft shop that has kids craft/beading supplies. Good luck!

    2. Yeah, I've been looking all over for it. Clear green round plastic cord. The only stuff I can find is flat, but I really need the round.

    3. Hagus, hmmm. I wonder why it's so hard to find? This I didn't buy, it was given to me by someone cleaning out their stash. I don't know exactly what it is called. Would this be something like what you need?

    4. just found this too...

    5. or this?

    6. Thanks! I actually just bought some of that Pony Bead Lacing. That's exactly what I need, only I need a continuous spool of it, like 50-100 yards. That's easy to come by in the traditional flat lacing, but seems to not exist in this round stuff. I've emailed the company (Pepperell) to see if they sell in bulk. I ended up finding that stuff at Joann. Thanks so much for your help!


Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!