Wednesday, July 1, 2009

home again home again, jiggedy jig

hey, I'm back! And I brought an extra person with me, my sweet niece Raven who has come for a summertime visit. Summer is cool that way.

Tomorrow we have a Wacky Wet & Wild Party to attend with all the other summer-drunk kids from our church at my {brave} friend Leesa's house. As I understand it, it involves lots of water balloons, whipped cream, lemons (?), tennis rackets, eggs, and other mysterious items. I think a change of clothes will be necessary when it is all over. I like the tagline on the invitation: "Stay dry and we'll make ya CRY!"


I had a little visit to Anthropologie when in H-vegas and came away with some treats. I have been lust--er, really liking this sugar bowl for a while and I broke down and got it. Oh, Grapefruit Sugar Bowl With A Bluebird On Top, why do I like you so much? I begin to see a theme here, as TMBG's Birdhouse In Your Soul is one of my favoritist songs. (Nerd Alarm sounding)


And how could I resist this seat cushion on the clearance rack? It exactly matches my placemat couch pillow so I needed it for the desk chair in the living room. My mom gave me the Stinkeye when she saw it in my bag. Which means "Score!". Too bad, Mom, only one available. Love you, Mom.


And this. It was on clearance too. And it fits like a dream, which is unusual for me because of my freakishly short waist and long arms. However. I am not sure if I am generally hip enough to pull off this granny sweater look. It may just end up making me look like, well, a young granny.

In other news, I've been having some pesky health problems and have had to cut back on my coffee consumption. Oh, the pain. Oh, the injustice of it all. I mean come ON. My whole self rebels. My husband gives me the Look when he sees me make for the coffee machine in the evening now. I guess nearing 40 means I can no longer get away with staying up until 2am a few nights a week with my hair on fire and a hot mug of inspiration in my hand. Time to pay the piper, as they say. I wish the stinkin piper would take his money and leave.

15 comments:

  1. I read that apples wake you up better than coffee...maybe try that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that granny sweater! Well, if you decide you can't wear it you can always pass it my way! ;-)

    I really want to hit up Anthropologie in San Fran. Maybe when I go to Renegade Craft Faire at the end of July....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I had to give up caffeine this year due to health issues. Diet Coke was my downer. It gets a wee bit better as time goes on, but it is an adjustment. A big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great trip.

    Sorry about the coffee. I am right there with though. My crazy first-trimester-I-hate-everything-but-Mexican-food-and-salads stomach just won't take the coffee. I have tried repeatedly but can't even struggle down more than a sip or two. Sigh.

    Can't wait to see what crafting you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a promise to myself to never start with coffee... When I was a teenager my parents would never actually be able to think right without coffee and since I was such a catastrophee-kid (meaning I would imagine catastrophee not me being the actual catastrophee) I often imagined how there would be no coffee on earth left and how my parents would never be able to talk or work again. Not funny!
    Concerning TMBG: They are really great! And yes, I don't have any kids and I am not debile ;) 24 years, best health and often singing the song about the 12 monkeys. I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Score on all the great finds! There is something about the little sugar bowl......

    Sorry about the coffee strike. :( I'm sure you will be able to find another 'legal addictive stimulant' to (sorta) replace your friend. (I like Kadee's idea.) Do you like the smell of freshly sharpened pencils? ;)

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kadee, really. Apples? It sounds so...healthy. Where's the fun in that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia, yeah when I was pregnant, coffee tasted like gym socks. So it wasn't such a temptation. I hope other foods begin to sound good to you soon! At least you look radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jona, I'm sorry for your childhood trauma about coffee. I can actually function pretty well without it. No kiddin. But I don't wanna.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really happy for you and your successful Anthropologie trip. Really. I am.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your title "home again home again jiggety jig" caught my eye. My Mom use to say that all the time and it made me smile. She is now very old and seldom uses such terms. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was a total They Might Be Giants nerd in Highschool LOL! Now I can't get that song out of my head! Don't Let's Start was the best, I loved that tape. yeah I said tape LOL! Glad you are back safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, too, love TMBG. I'm not a big music person but I've seen them 3 times, mainly because it was for free at college campuses. Twice at Univ. Of Kansas and 1 at Ga Tech. I love that they're making kids albums now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. dear Larissa, I so feel your pain! I turn 39 this month and caffine is like oxygen, but my own stupid medical issues are giving me grief. The worst part is I get less sleep now my kids are older( esp 18 and 16 yr old), than I did when they were babies- Oh the inhumanity of it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello larissa! welcome home! I love the sweet treasures you've brought home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!