Friday, September 25, 2009

misc.


  1. It is now officially my favorite time of year. And these are my favorite fallish shoes. If I can ever get over my mental block for dressmaking, I have some nice fabric for a dress to go with them.
  2. Guess who's birthday it is todaaaaaaay? That's right, my bosom friend and crafting comrade, Robyn. Go wish her a happy day! Mystery Package is in the mail, Bob.
  3. I just made a little zippered pouch using this very well-done tutorial on flickr. Super easy, and also super good because she uses french seams. No ravelly insides. And then you can transform that into a boxed pouch using the last few steps of this tutorial, if you like. Methinks I need to make more pouches. But first I need to buy more zippers. And don't make the same mistake I did by accidentally sliding the zipper pull off the teeth during construction. That is a total booger to fix.
  4. Still holding strong on resisting the germ cloud at my house. Today I'm getting out of the house for the first time since last Friday. Yay! Gettin the first train out of Hermitville. Oh, yeah.
  5. I just finished a fascinating book, Wedlock, The True Story of the Disastrous Marriage and Remarkable Divorce of Mary Eleanor Bowes, Countess of Strathmore by Wendy Moore. Ok, I have to confess I rarely read non-fiction. I just need the escape that fiction provides. But I picked this book up on a whim at the library and it was riveting. It's the true story of the ridiculously abusive marriage of Lady Strathmore in Georgian England and how she finally managed to escape with the help of some servants. Extremely interesting look at that time's view of women's rights in marriage.
  6. Robyn turned me on to a great site if you are teaching your kid how to read. Thing 2 really loves it.
  7. I'm enjoying Arrested Development on DVD. I've never watched it before, and it is funny.
  8. Happy friday to you.

11 comments:

  1. those shoes are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the tutorial - I'll definitely be using it. I love the shoes too - any chance you want to share where to find them? And, we just discovered Arrested Development too. We had to rush to rent it after Season 3 got taken off of Hulu and we were hooked. Isn't it a great show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shoes are too cute! Love them so much :) And Arrested Development really didn't get the love it deserved... I was so upset when they axed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes. I haven't made a zippered pouch yet although it has always sounded fun. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrested Development is seriously one of the best show's I've ever watched... wish they lasted more than three seasons! I have them all on DVD... great for any Office fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sb, the shoes were from aerosole...I think. I bought them at an outlet mall a couple of years ago. Sorry, that is zero help, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect time of year, I totally agree! I just wanted to snatch those delicious little slippers right off your feet, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those would be my favorite falls shoes as well, SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, thanks, Larry, for the birthday shoutout. Supercute shoes. Don't you know by now that you're supposed to pick up an extra pair for me when you score like that? It's not like anyone is likely to see us together wearing them... :(

    Glad your girl's liking Starfall. It's saving my sanity these days with teaching Gage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I LOVE those shoes! Seriously. Glad you have managed to escape all the germies living in your house. Hope everyone continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!