Sunday, June 27, 2010

new for the shop...maybe?

8 x 10 3D Paper Froggie

Hey, guys, need your feedback. In the midst of coming up with the 3D Paper Owl tutorial for STML recently, I got a bit over excited and developed some other paper cuts (like the froggie one above) that I had to set aside when I realized they were a little too complex for kids to do.

Soooo...since they are mostly designed anyway, I thought I might finish the tutorials, starting with the frog, and make them available as PDF downloads in my shop, if there was some interest out there. Among the other designs are a fox in the woods (the third one in the woods series to complement the owl and frog), a leaf collection, and a bug collection. What do you think?



The tutorials would leave as little chance of error as possible for novice paper cutters while still having a nice depth and complexity. Like the 3D owl, you would print all needed pieces onto colored cardstock, cut out on the lines and assemble them according to a detailed photographed set of instructions and guidelines. All materials needed are readily available at your local craft shop.


You can also frame the end result, if desired. Here it is mounted in a 11 x 14 inch shadow box. Let me know what you think!

17 comments:

  1. Uh, yeah! Perfect for the shop. I'd buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the revamp! And love the 3D paper art. I can totally see myself making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid I wouldn't buy them, simply because I do not have craft supplies readily available here. But that Froggie is sooooo CUTE, right down to the little detail of the holes on the leaf. Love it! They'd be so great for decorating a child's room!

    I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved doing the owl for myself. Your instructions are fool proof (thanks, I proved it!) and your designs are beautiful. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This frog (and the owl!) are amazing! I have always wanted to get into paper cutting (thanks to your awesome dioramas) and this would be a wonderful start! Please put them in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are amazing. I do think you should have an option for people to just buy a kit of the cardstock already printed.
    Some people might not have a good printer or easy access to all the colors you've used...
    I really love how simple these feel but are also really detailed.
    You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, thanks, y'all, so definitely at least some interest.

    Grandma G, wow, no craft shop near you? My heart breaks for ya! Good thing there is the interwebz, huh?

    Beth Lemon, hmmm...Kits make a lot of sense, but are really not practical for me even if they are a great idea. With the purchasing, printing and shipping it puts the whole project outside my time allotted for shop keeping. I'm going to have to try it without. I tried to use colors that are pretty standard, so hopefully that won't be a huge issue. Thanks for the great feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it!!! The owl was great, but this is just wonderful! Such a cutie! Providing they were a reasonable price, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in buying and making them - I would! Especially when you show them so beautifully framed. I would love to see a hedgehog and a badger to go with the woodland theme, and maybe a lizard on a rock? You could do a flower set too - that would be wonderful! I can't wait to see the other designs! Make sure you let us know when they're available for purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Larissa,

    You should totally go for it! I would buy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made the owl on the weekend and loved every minute of it. I would definitely buy these. If there is a wish list, I would also love to see a hedgehog, a squirrel and oak leaves. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow - YES, PLEASE!! They are absolutely adorable and would be perfect in my kids' rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them and would love it if someone made it for me. I'm not into making paper stuff myself lately, so I wouldn't buy it, but not because I don't think it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Y'all, super cool. I felt a little weird asking. Your enthusiasm is so appreciated but of course there's no commitment to buy! Ha! The frog one is pretty close to done, I need to write the tute and make the PDF files. So it should be fairly soon.

    Mandapanda and Jenn, hedgehogs, badgers, lizards, squirrels, and oak leaves, oh my! Those all are great ideas, and I can just see them now. Let me get this first one out and then we'll see! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would totally be interested! the owl was so fun to make, the frog is cute as can be and I can't wait to see the fox!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!