Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Guest Post on Pure Joy

Image by The Toy Society

I'm guest posting today on the blog Pure Joy. Jamie is hosting a series on Random Acts of Kindness and I'm delighted to be a part of that! Thank you, Jamie! I chose to highlight The Toy Society, and you can check out my post about the bunny drop here.

Image by Katherine Marie Photography

As I was following along in Jamie's series I was arrested by this fantastic RAK guest post by Katherine Marie. She writes about a random smiley card drop she and her kids did. Cards with encouraging notes, cards with exact change for the gumball machine, cards on the library copier with dollars taped inside. How fantastic is that? I'm so inspired by this, I'd love to do this with my kids and help teach them the joy of random kindness.

Image by Jenn at Kind Over Matter

And while reading that post, I followed a link to this post, at Kind Over Matter. A set of ready made cards in PDF form for randomly encouraging others! Kindness is contagious. Go infect someone. :-)


  1. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. Thanks for sharing some great new ideas for spreading kindness.

  2. thats a wonderful idea! i would have been so excited as a kid!

    btw, i love the owl paper 3d design!

  3. This is a great idea indeed! I like the Toy Society but this is also such an inspiration... thank you for sharing!

  4. such a nice idea. a great thing to do as a family that just warms up your insides.

  5. Thanks so much for being a guest on my blog! Your idea and kindness is amazing!! I hope to join in with the toy society soon!!

  6. Thank you for sharing your experience of The Toy Society with so many people!

  7. GAH! I love this!! We're trying to incorporate one purposeful (vs. those things we just do every day) act of service each week this summer. This would be perfect ... I think we may try to get a few others to join in :).

  8. THIS is a super cool idea!! Maybe I'll try it!! At our local grocery store you have to put a loonie (Canadian dollar coin) into the cart to get a shopping cart!


Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!