Monday, March 21, 2011
Looks like a big stack of fabric pancakes.
I'd rather be finishing my needle books, but I've had an uncharacteristic rush of practicality. I am going to go ahead and complete Thing 2's duvet cover now that I have finally finished the dingety dangety blasted zig zag cover for Thing 1. Which turned out quite well, amazingly, but I need to get another duvet insert for it that doesn't appear to have gophers tunneling under it. I bought it at IKEA for super cheap and I guess after washing it all the stuffing decided to clump together.
Thing 2's cover will have a bunch of circles appliqued on it like the above. I have a white twin sheet that I've cut to the size of the duvet top and now that I have all the circles assembled (per this beautiful tutorial from Purl Bee) I need to map out a grid and start sewing them on. I thought briefly about stuffing the circles lightly so they seem puffy, but that sounds like way too much work and I'm not sure i'll like it. I just want to play it safe and git 'er done.
They are both going to need new pillow shams too, but I have to just focus on that later. I will get all this done soon and I will blog it and I will be so happy. (Maniacal smile frozen on face) Oh, yeah, and the kids will be happy too. That was the point of it all.