Monday, March 7, 2011

why didn't I buy this a long time ago?


This is so much better than eyeballing the felt online and trying to guess at the exact shade. After I received the sampler I strung them together so I wouldn't lose any swatches. They each have the color name and number and it also came with a floss guide that gives the matching shade in DMC. Bad news is there are a lot of colors in there that I didn't realize I couldn't live without until now.

Much better in person. But still I can't seem to find a true, bright magenta in wool-blend. Might have to spring for the 100% wool felt for that particular shade. I have some thrifted wool felt in that color but I only have teeny tiny scraps left.

18 comments:

  1. Keren, http://www.prairiepointjunction.com/woolfeltbundles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at this the other day. Wanted so much to get me some felt, but I'll have to wait a little bit so I don't feel too guilty about the price tag. I'll break down soon I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. All that fun coloring goodness. Is that odd to say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. wonderful. I want some!
    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought mine a few months ago and I love it. Such a great investment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who do you buy your felt from? I am always looking and I am addicted to felt but Joanna's is not cutting it! Please share?
    THanks
    Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joey and Nettifer, look up several comments and you'll see I've given the link ^up there a wee bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! Like paint chips for felt :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to order that last time I ordered my felt. Maybe one of these days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really smart - and tantalizing. Just figure how much money you'll save, though, by not having to order a range of colors when shooting for the exactly right one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! I am going to have to get one of these!! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Popping in to say hi!
    Cheers!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bob, yeeeeeah. Right. That's exactly it, why didn't I think of the SAVINGS? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'd be amazed at my purchase justification capabilities.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!