Thursday, April 21, 2011

by order of the management

 

I got the tipoff about artist John Golden from my BFF. I had not seen his etsy shop, but when she sent me the link I fell in love. She just finished using his By Order of The Management prints in her kids' bathroom redo, and so I had to copy her and hang them in my kids' bathroom too. It's ok. We live in different states. I have full permission to totally rip off any decor idea she has. It's how I get my best stuff.


Sorry for the ick photos. Pictures in the bathroom are a booger. It is a small, narrow space, and I ended up climbing on top of the sink counter and into the bathtub. The lighting is akin to a bat cave. You get the idea though. 


John has a huge selection of clever signs in this series, so it was difficult to narrow it down to four. He also sells precut mats for the signs, and it was so totally worth it not to have to cut my own. He signs each print, and he even mounted them in the mats for me so all I had to do was plunk them in the 11x14 frames, which I found on the cheap at Michaels.

I sure need to freshen up that shelf. It's a couple of hobnail milk glass vases and Thing 1's flower girl basket that I stuck up there for lack of a better idea. It needs something. Maybe I should just ask Robyn to decorate a similar shelf and send me a photograph.

Funny about that shower curtain, both me and Robyn fell in love with it and bought it about the same time. But then she took hers back and totally one-upped me by sewing a much lovelier curtain a la AMH. The nerve.

P.S. I wanted to thank you guys for the lovely response to the needle books! I will make more, but it might be a few weeks. I apologize to those who didn't snag the one they wanted! I will try to figure out a better/more fair way to get the word out.

21 comments:

  1. Your friend has a wonderful bathroom! I'm going to check out this guy's etsy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! I saw your BFFs curtain post, fell in love with the prints (love her handmade curtain too) and wondered if they would match my kids' curtain/bath. Lo and behold I have the same curtain as you. So now I *have* to get the "by order of the mgmt* prints. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny... I started reading the post and immediately loved the prints, thinking they would match my bathroom so well. Then I saw the shower curtain... Yup, I have the same one too! Thank you Target :) hey, I guess we all just have really good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DON'T have the same shower curtain as you do. ;)

    Wow! Two days to sell out the needle books again! Don'tcha just hate to see all that work gone so fast?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!! :) One day I'll get my act together and at least one room of my house will look nice. I'm not quite there yet though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those prints are hilarious!
    btw, I almost have two bunnies finished. Can't wait to show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, useful and stylish! That's how I characterize these! I love them too, but I am afraid I need to make the same one in Russian :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. great prints, and yes, I was sad when i went to your shop and all the needle books were gone.. they are oh so lovely.. I so want one of my own.. plse let me know when u hv them back in the shop.. hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted one (er... several) of those after seeing them in Robyn's bath redo, but, alas, I have no wall space in our bathrooms. I will have to just hop from her blog to yours and back again to get a fix every-so-often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's funny, y'all! I love that shower curtain! It was perfect. Not too kidsy, not too sophisticated. All my favorite colors too.

    Grandma G, you are so sweet. Thanks for being my needle book cheerleader! Yeah, it's kind of depressing to put them in envelopes and mail them away. All that work! But I know they are going to good homes. :-)

    Chris, love to see your bunnies.

    Emedoodle, that is how I have to do it. One corner at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in the process of redoing my bathroom and your shelf is exactly what I have been looking for. Where did you get yours? Your bathroom looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lora, I got that shelf at Lowe's almost ten years ago. I loved them so much that I bought three. I'm not sure they still have those exact ones but they might have similar ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha - one upped. Well, if that's true, then it's about time. You're overdue for a one upping, Ms. Obnoxiously-Talented-Prolifically-Creative-Crafting-Machine. :) Thanks for the shout out. Love the prints, love that curtain and feel free to pass along the hobnails when you tire of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Robyn, where's my diagram for the shelf decorating?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw you on Kojo and I just wanted to ask you a quick question. How far apart are the pintucks on your duvet cover? I want to make one in bright pink. I, like you, would have purchased it, but they didn't have the color I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brenbren, I got out my ruler just for you and they are in the range of 7.5 - 8 inches apart. And you can see they are staggered from row to row. Good luck! That will be so pretty in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving your blog and your home. I love the colors in the shower curtain and the color on your walls. Would you be able to tell me the name of the color? Enjoy the time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, Patricia! Thanks. I happen to know that bathroom paint color by heart. It's a decor staple between my four sisters and I: Benjamin Moore 1544. See, it even rhymes. That makes it extra fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. cool prints - very Big Brother.

    About the shower curtain, do you use a liner or just the curtain? I'm trying to cut down on the amount of plastic in my life and a new plastic free liner is up there.
    If you do use it without a liner, how is it working out?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet alyssum, oh yeah a plastic liner is there, has been for years. Keeps the water in and the mildew off my shower curtain. It's a small bathroom and already has moisture issues, I don't want to add anything damp to the mix.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!