Monday, June 27, 2011

kids' crafternoon books

 Image via Hardie Grant

When talented Kathreen Ricketson of Whip Up contacted me last year about contributing to a kid's papercraft book I was, to say the least, pretty excited. Just to be in such great company was very gratifying, and of course you know my feelings about papercraft. And now I find that my owl cards are on the cover of the book! Well, now, THAT's a head sweller. I'm feeling a bit giddy in fact. La la la la! (twirl) I don't have a copy of the book in my little hands yet, but you can read some details on the Hardie Grant website.

 Image via Hardie Grant

Papercraft and Sewing (above, featuring the work of Lizette Greco on the cover) are the first two of four great titles in Kathreen's Kids' Crafternoon series. Felting and Beading are coming in the fall. All four books feature projects by crafters from around the world.

Of course, you'll be seeing more about these books soon on the blog but I could not help sharing the sneak peek of the covers!

12 comments:

  1. How exciting! Yay for you!! The owls are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! At first glance at the cover, I thought that was your work. Of course, they would choose the classiest design! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Congratulations, Larissa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Shelly! I thought it was a book written by you at first glance. Those are adorable and you must be over the moon. So talented and worthy of a cover shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. contributing to a book AND your project makes the cover ! you must be super thrilled !! such colorful owls, keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, YAY, YAY!!!! Doing a happy dance for you in the Midwest!! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! How exciting for you. I knew it was your work as soon as I saw the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These covers are much nicer than the ones posted on Amazon. Your owls would *absolutely* make me buy this book, whereas I would probably only buy it with the other covers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the cover! Your owls are AMAZING.

    I'm in the sewing book. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I CASED your owl into a 3-D 4.125 x 5.5 greeting card for a demo at an upcoming retreat. I knwo the gals are going to love it! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!