image via Schoolhouse Rock
- Happy 235th birthday, land that I love. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Preach on, Thomas. Here's a link to an earlier Independence Day post. If you are a US citizen and you've never read the Declaration, why, this is a great time to fix that.
- Speaking of the British Empire (no hard feelings), what would you do if you were a clueless colonist in London for five days this coming September? I need some tips.
- My swoopy plate wall was mentioned on Apartment Therapy (brief flourish of celestial harp music). Wow. Love that site. Thanks, Abby, for the tipoff.
- I think I may have a little problem with Netflix streaming. I'm kind of obsessed with it. I've completely lost interest in 'real' TV. I've watched all four seasons of Battlestar Galactica in an embarrassingly short amount of time. Now I'm on MI-5. All this good TV that I didn't know existed. Evil, evil Netflix.
- I've never had such a terrible dry spell at the library. Every likely book I check out is so lame. I've taken to just grabbing books off the shelf at random and crossing my fingers. You guys reading anything good?
- On the homestretch with the Gramma Wolfie doll. Yeah, yeah, you've heard that one before. I have made several prototypes that will be going in the shop soon, because I don't really need six Gramma Wolfie dolls in my studio.
- My hair is getting really long. I'm at that critical juncture where I'm thinking, 'is this too long for a 40ish woman to get away with?' What is the standard with that? Is there a standard? I could always just keep it up in a granny twist. Which I do 90% of the time anyway. I have a permanent sore spot on the top of my head from the clips.
- Stay tuned toward the end of this month for a Kids' Crafternoon blog tour and giveaway!