...with not very great photographs, but here they are all the same. I was just glad to see some actual sun today, but it might have been the wrong time of day to snap the shots. At my house I have to get while the gettin' is good. The table was clean, the sun was shining. The getting, as they say, was good.
The fabrics I used are this cheerful AMH LouLouThi and a band of grey chambray at the bottoms. These curtains came together really quickly because:
- I didn't line them this time. They are on the back of my house, so I didn't have to adhere to the white lining rule in my neighborhood.
- For each curtain I just used the entire width from selvedge to selvedge and then measured the length I wanted plus 3.5 inches at the top and 5.5 at the bottom for hems. The sides were hemmed 1/2 inch over, then 1 inch over again. The tops and bottoms were hemmed 1/2 over then another 3 inches over at the top, and another 5 inches over at the bottoms.
- I ripped the fabric to length instead of cutting with scissors. First I snipped near the end of the yardage and ripped off the cut edge to square it up, then just measured the lengths by holding the fabric selvedge against my cutting mat (for example, measured twice to 35 inches for a total of 70 inches for the LouLouThi) and then while pinching it at the spot, snipped it with scissors through the selvedge and ripped it across instead of cutting. So much quicker and easier.
The curtain rings are those clip-on kind that I picked up a long time ago at IKEA. I love those things. I used this method to attach them, so it created the look of pleats without actually have to sew the pleats.
Easiest curtains I've made by far. My next kitchen sewing project needs to be some cushions for the chairs. I bought yellow piping a few months ago but that's as far as it got.