Tuesday, February 26, 2013

what I'm up to


1) Mending Calico Critters clothes and Beanie Baby outfits. Not the most fun I've had. I love cute and tiny things. I do not love fixing them.

2) Trying to put together a supplemental hymn book for my congregation. A lot more work than I thought it would be. But very excited to start singing some new songs for worship. When I can get around to getting it printed.

3) Obsessing over my kitchen curtains. Again. I made a toile set ten years ago that I loved. Then I ruined them in the wash last year. "Oh, well," I said to myself. "It was high time for a change anyway." Since then I've made a new set, tried to love them, failed, given them away, purchased a new set, tried to love them, failed and sold them. Now I have blank windows once again. They are mocking me. Oh, and I still haven't sewn up the kitchen chair cushions. Which is providential since I just got rid of the curtains they were designed to go with. Pretty sure it is not supposed to be this hard.

10 comments:

  1. It shouldn't be, but I'm the same way. Totally indecisive about items for my home. It took me 2 years to finally settle on curtains for my adjoining living/dining room. That's a long time to live with bare open windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skooks, this makes me feel a little better. :-)

      Delete
  2. There's a tiny window in my dining room that's fairly private, but in the spring and fall, sunlight hits someone in the face during dinner. So curtains were the obvious solution. 5 years later. . . Don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Now I feel much better! :-) Good hunting to you too. I'd be tempted to tape a dishtowel up there in the meantime. LOL

      Delete
  3. I am the same way. I have stuff to make curtains for my downstairs guest bedroom. I have had it all for 2 years. Maye this time I'll get it done. What always happens to me is when I finally get it done, we move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Pea, I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with follow through, but I don't have your excuse. We haven't moved in 13 years. Robyn has completely decorated six different houses during that time. LOL

      Delete
  4. We are living parallel lives. I just finished putting together a supplemental hymnbook with my husband for our church. What a big project! I'm also making new kitchen curtains - with vintage handkerchiefs. Pretty sure I'm going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Domina, that is kinda freaky. Since we have parallel lives perhaps you could just make me a set of curtains too. Vintage hankies -- sounds so cool.

      Delete
  5. OH, how cute!! Those are such tiny clothes!! I've been mending the toy collection at our house this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feelincrafty, yes, super cute, super tiny. I groan inwardly every time one of the girls brings me one to fix. Fixing them is not an option though, since they have the same cost per ounce as Chanel No. 5. LOL
      Sheesh.

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!