Friday, March 15, 2013

test run dress, Simplicity 3743



This tunic was made as a test run to figure out the fit flaws in the pattern (Simplicity 3743) before I made the real thing for the girls' Disney dresses. The only mods I made on this first run were taking out some width and adding length. I also added gathered pockets and buttons just for interest. The fabric is a nice blue/yellow shot cotton I had in the stash. I just love shot cottons. I need more. Yes.

It turned out to be cute and wearable, but it is a bit too narrow at the hem. I should split the seams a few inches from the bottom to make side slits. The tunic length looks great with leggings.

Oh, and do you like the new paint color of my bathroom? Used to be a light khaki color. Now it is Sherwin Williams Sea Haze, which is a really nice neutral gray that leans a bit toward the green side. I love it!

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I feel really unhip now because I don't know what dobra robota means. LOL

      Delete
  2. sooo love it, totally my style! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lightbluegrey, if it looks like your style then I like it even more. :-)

      Delete
  3. Cute! I love the yellow buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needed something, and buttons I got.

      Delete
  4. I love how shot cotton looks in different lights. Lovely fabric and lovely tunic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, me too. Shot cottons are one of my faves.

      Delete
  5. So pretty! I want one in my size! Those pockets!

    Where do you get your shot cottons? I always find them so randomly and in fat quarters, I'd love to find some yardage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jessica, I was thinking I need one in my size too. That cotton was purchased online, at fabric.com. I just checked and all they seem to have at the moment are metallic shot cottons.

      Delete
    2. Jessica, just noticed they have a bunch of Kaffe Fassett shot cottons at PinkChalk fabrics.

      Delete
  6. Very cute. Pockets and buttons really add a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the fabric-- great worn look to it. super cute. hurry and open that hem before doing the splits does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whosies, I know, I need to do that soon! I'm so bad with going back and fixing things. Always want to move forward.

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!