Monday, March 25, 2013

you may not like Aunt Norris but she can sure cut some baize


I have just realized why I enjoy reading Jane Austen books over and over again. I mean besides the compelling stories, wry humor and elegant writing. It's because the ladies spend all day reading books, drawing, sewing and crafting. And this makes them Accomplished.

(Hobyn, do not snicker at my still life fruit photo prop. I am actually on a fruit eating binge lately. I think about fruit a lot. Especially pears. I guess that is better than Girl Scout cookies.)

6 comments:

  1. Didn't cross my mind to snicker. But now that you mention it.

    Then again, one might argue that the ability to assemble cleverly arranged, still life tablescapes for blog posts is a modern day sign of Accomplishment. (Did you spend all day coming up with it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slap the book down on the kitchen table near the window, pull pear on plate over to the left a bit. It's some of my best work.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Seriously. With no guilt involved. They were EXPECTED to spend their days like this.

      Delete
  3. Girl. You always crack me up!!

    And yes, it's true, dream life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae! The feeling is mutual. Now I just need to be the unmarried daughter of landed gentry in the English countryside. It could still happen.

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!