Thursday, May 16, 2013

sad news

Many of you have enjoyed Kathreen Ricketson's creative voice through her popular blog,, as well as her craft books and Action Packs. I had the pleasure of working with Kathreen on two Kids Crafternoon books two years ago.

I have just learned this morning through a kind reader that Kathreen and her husband have drowned in a tragic swimming accident off of Ningaloo reef in Western Australia.

My heart hurts for her two beautiful children, and I ask you to join me in praying for this family. There are many in the blog community who would like to help in some way. There's been mention of an education fund being set up for her kids, and I'm hoping to give an update about that.

UPDATE via You can now contribute {to their childrens' education trust} via PayPal. The email address is

There is a post on WhipUp for those of you who wish to express your sympathy:
When The Best of Times Ends in the Worst of Times


  1. I just heard about ten minutes ago. So sad.

  2. Unbelievably tragic news, hard to know what to say

  3. Unbelievable! So hard for those kids and the rest of the families. Yes, I'll be praying with you.

  4. Im so sorry to hear your sad news. Please accept my prayers for the children. Maybe the Blog world could all donate something they have made to sell for the education fund ?? I would participate. Kind regards.

  5. It's very sad. i'm with verykerryberry....hard to know what to say.


Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!