Thursday, August 22, 2013

bloggy stuff


You may have noticed I've been monkeying around with my blog lately. I added a Kid Crafts! tab in the nav at the top to give easy access to my kid friendly projects. I reorganized my Tutorials page into Paper Craft, Sewing, and Alteration sections. I added some direct links to my patterns in the sidebar. I updated my profile shot (way overdue) and cleaned up the look with some nice social media icons at the top right instead of a mismatched list of links.


I also deleted a lot of the sidebar lists that were junking things up, including the blogs I follow. After the death of Google Reader I finally moved into Bloglovin'. Care to follow me there? It's so much nicer than a mere link list. It makes keeping up with all the blogs you follow a cinch, and even sends you a daily wrap up via email if you like. You can change your settings to customize how you receive notifications, if any. You can find and add blogs to your list very easily. If you are also a blogger, you can easily claim your blog and see how it's doing on Bloglovin'.

One thing I've noticed that I do not like is if you open a blog entry within the Bloglovin' frame, you can't comment and some links don't work. (?) Maybe it's just my browser that's the problem (Mac OS Firefox). However, you can easily get around that by having blogs open without the Bloglovin' frame. The button for that is found in the Settings tab under your account, then scroll down to Other.




I hope you like the changes! One of these days I'm going to update that header. Maybe something autumny. My favorite season is almost here! In other news, I'm working on the Princess Pea pattern and having a blast with all the tiny wild haired princesses and their lumpy beds. I still love to play with dolls. More on that soon.

6 comments:

  1. You overachiever! I really need to spend some time on my blog, etsy site and making stuff. You are making me feel inadequate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Marmee, it takes me forever to update the blog! Don't feel bad, I probably spend too much time doing this stuff.

      Delete
  2. Oh and looks awesome by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new profile pic. :) Those shirts you made are so cute!

    I've been using Feedly since Google Reader left us. Have you tried that? I wonder if one is better than the other? I like Feedly, but it's not always easy to add the blogs I want.

    Love the little princess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catie! I'm wearing those tanks out! Love to make more. I've heard of Feedly but haven't tried it.

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!