Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thank you and yay, it's Christmas time!

Hey, guys. Thanks so much for the great response to my Thanksgiving/Cyber Monday sales in the Etsy shop! Happy sewing! I hope you enjoy your new patterns!

Still waiting on the verdict about my Mac Mini. I miss my little friend. (Especially since I'm two fingering it on this iPad.) It's hooked up to wires and diagnostic equipment at PeachMac. I'm sure grateful there is a more local option for service besides the Apple Store since I avoid driving into the Lenox/Phipps area of Buckhead like the ever-lovin plague during December.

What else. Imagine I'm showing you photos of my decorated house. I hit the ground running after getting home the Monday after Thanksgiving. This was a late Thanksgiving wasn't it? We were already two days behind on our advent calendars when we got home! Ack! It lit a decoratin fire under me. I unpacked the suitcases and trooped upstairs for the Christmas boxes...Hello, old friends!

Looks like my prelit tree survived another scorching summer in the attic. It's always a relief to see all the lights wink on when I plug it in. I have all my matryoshkas on display. Little obsessed with those. Now imagine a photo here of my growing collection of Christmas picture books. The girls love when those come out of the box. I pack them away each January with the Christmas decorations so they are special December only books. I try to buy a special one for them each year but sometimes it is hard to get new ideas. I'll post about that!

Decorating failure: The pumpkins are still on the bench in the front yard. It was raining all day yesterday so I managed to avoid putting up the wreaths and lights. Not my fave. Have to face that today. I hope your December is going swimmingly so far!


6 comments:

  1. I have to imagine my decorating, too... because it hasn't been done yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Grandma G, I had a big sense of urgency because I make a big deal out of never decorating for Christmas or listening to Christmas music before thanksgiving is over and this year thanksgiving stole two days from the official Christmas season!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Photos are great, but so is imagination. My kids favorites are the collection of playable nativities we've got here (4 so far - 1 made by me that is still missing a couple wise men . . . must work on that!), all of the Christmas books I only bring out during the season (I try to get a couple new ones each year too!), and they each have their own collection of ornaments to hang on the tree (the bottom 2/3 of our tree is filled with stuffed ornaments so they can do the majority of the decorating without me spazzing out over possible breakage). I've still got to work on the ornaments I make for them each year to add to their collections. Love this time of year (except for the shopping - oy) but it's always so busy! Now imagine me marveling over your matroyshkas. Ooh Ahh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skooks, that is such a great tradition to make a new ornament for your kids each year...are they on the blog? Last year I let the girls take over putting the ornaments on the tree. I'm such a control freak that it was good for me, and the tree looked awesome, so that will be their job from now on!

      Delete
  3. I did! Here is a pretty all-encompassing post about it from last Christmas. http://www.skooksplayground.com/2012/12/the-ornament-legacy-2012-edition.html The only thing it was missing was the ornament I made for the baby which I posted about here: http://www.skooksplayground.com/2012/12/kiwis-ornament-mash-up-2012.html

    My kids are still too little for their section of the tree to look "awesome" (add to that the little munchkin who keeps taking ornaments off and walking around with them) - - but I'm just embracing this time where they are small and letting it go. It's more fun that way, and I don't have to stress about it. I actually passed the mini tree that used to live in my bedroom growing up to my daughter and she decorated it a bit crazy, but she's happy so whatever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - and I got the whole idea from my mom. Here's a post I did a LONG time ago about all the ornaments she made for me when I was a kid: http://www.skooksplayground.com/2009/12/ornament-legacy.html

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!