Sunday, January 12, 2014

I like calendars



I like a nice calendar. My theory is that if I have to look at something every day for a whole year, it is worth it to buy one that is pretty and makes me feel happy. My schmoopie dearest feels that the best calendar is one that doesn't cost more than $1.99. Or better yet, comes free from your insurance agent. So I ordered these two early in December to cut him off at the pass. The pretty Rifle Paper one (above) is more for looks than practicality. But I lovety love it so. The paper is nicely heavy and the colors are so rich. It's like joining a Gorgeous Art of the Month Club.


Annnd I was so happy to find one of my favorite picture book mementos in the form of a calendar! This one is the practical write-onable one that lives on the kitchen bulletin board for all my appointments, parties, classes and deadlines.


I love the vintage feel of the illustrations and how they stray down inside the calendar grid.



 Makes me want to go back, Robyn!


4 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I frequently look at calendars so as to procure cheap art for my home? I love the first one you posted. I have been eyeballing the latest Masha d'Yans, Rob Ryan, and Charley Harper . . . to start. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is bad, then I don't want to be good. I spent waaaay too much time looking at calendars in December.

      Delete
  2. Yes! We do need to plan our next adventure. How about Brazil? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!