Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Paper to Petal. Thanks, Mom!


I'm a December baby and my mom knows what I like. She took me out to have coffee and look at books! It was a tough decision between this one and the new Ree Drummond cookbook, but in the end paper crafting won out. No surprise there, really.


This book is just luscious. Carefully styled and gorgeously photographed. I dove right in and started reading all about crafting with crepe paper, which I know next to nothing about beyond stringing up the occasional twisted garland for a party. I think it will be fun to work with. There are helpful resources listed for each item needed for the projects.




Look at that gorgeous peony! There's a huge section in the front with photos of all the different flower projects contained in the book so you can dive right into all the possibilities.


Then the latter half is step by step how-tos for each style of flower. Each tutorial is as carefully styled and photographed as the beauty shots of the flowers.


I may start with something simple like this. Then I need to locate some supplies and some time. Mother's Day is coming and pretty sure I know what my mom is getting this year.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful book! It'd be worth buying just for the photos... and that cover! :)

    Have fun! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's already paid for itself just as eye candy!

      Delete
  2. Stunning. I'm with Grandma G. I may have to add this one to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do something about that. IN APRIL. EEEEEEEE!

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!