Monday, May 19, 2014

miette skirt, second round


I forgot to blog this linen blend Miette wrap skirt, which I have been enjoying for several weeks. It's really worth it to put in a lining, which I sewed into the waist and side hems, but left loose at the bottom.

After making the first attempt, the one thing I didn't like was that the hem hung shorter in the back than the front. So this time I added a half inch to the hem of the right and left panels (which end up being the back of the skirt when it's on). Worked like a charm. If you are trying a Miette for the first time you might keep that in mind when you hem.


Despite not being the best candidate for this style of skirt (I'm thick waisted and have a short body) I still think it looks cute enough on. Sorry for the real life skirt wrinkles; I wore it to worship before taking this picture so it had gotten squished in the car and in the pew.

13 comments:

  1. I love it with the red shoes! And the little I've seen of your house in your pics makes me want to see MORE of it! ;o) You should give us a tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Catie, thanks so much! Those shoes are reddish brown, but def on the red side. Eek, a house tour? That's a great idea but only small bits and pieces of my house are ever clean at once. haha! See my messy schoolroom?

      Delete
    2. That's ok. A girl can dream, though! HA! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Larissa. You look adorable in your Miette wrap skirt. I haven't sewn clothes for years. Might give this pattern a try. No zipper, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Mary, thank you! Yes, give it a whirl. All you need to measure is your waist and no more guesswork after that. It's very forgiving and I love that the wrap has plenty of overlap and that it is in the back. No zipper or closure of any kind. Just lots of fabric and it's a bit tricky when trying to figure out how to sew/turn the ties but it becomes clear when you actually do it.

      Delete
  3. Hey!! Love the skirt! I'ma gonna have ta do dat sometime. Tired of trying on skirts that are just that much {you see my fingers scant mm apart, right} too short. Gonna have to make my own to cover my long legs.
    Caught up through some of your previous posts, too. Ohhh, my how time flies! Tell Thing 2 Happy Belated Bday from us. Miss y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, miss you all so much! Much love to you. Yes, you need to get out your machine and sew some skirts. Very gratifying and the length is just right.

      Delete
  4. This is adorable and so are you. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Skooks! You could totally do this.

      Delete
  5. I love it and you look nothing like thick waisted and so on. I always have admired your figure !
    juju

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Juju! That's really nice. When I'm having a fat day I'll come read this comment. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Love it still! Now, give me the deets on the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, I had to look up deets in the urban dictionary. LOL. But why? You already HAVE the perfect pair of warm brown low wedges. Must you covet more? haha. just kidding. I'll go find the shoes and get the 'deets'.

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!