Saturday, May 16, 2015

spoonflower swatches, check

Exploring the world of Spoonflower for the Early Bird Night Owl quick-sew pillow. These are my fabric swatches and RGB color guide.

First impression: Many more cool fabric options than I thought there would be. Bit disappointed in the saturation on the color guide though, especially the blacks. The guide is printed on Kona Cotton, which I felt was the best option for the pillow. It needs some nice, rich darks on the Night Owl side.

I'm also not excited about the hex color builds. They look wildly inaccurate onscreen to me, so previews can be iffy. Erg...

This might still be fabulous or it could be underwhelming. I'm excited to run a sample when I get it ready! I'll post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!