Monday, July 20, 2015

pompeja pillow cover(s)


One for me and one for my birthday girl sister, Lori. Pillow covers make great handmade gifts! No fastener required if you do an envelope opening in the back. You can showcase gorgeous fabric without using a lot of yardage, just 19 inches square for an 18 inch pillow. Easy to mail, too. These colors seemed right up my sister's alley. They sure ping my meter. Brights on dulls! My favorite. I'll get yours in the mail to you, Lori!

I used my own tutorial to make them. Even though pillow covers are pretty simple to sew I was a little vague on how I did my piping last time. My blog comes in pretty handy to me. Har. I'm my most loyal reader.

The fabric is that vintage Swedish curtain piece I recently purchased. I have some scraps leftover that I can use another way. It's just too pretty to throw away.


In situ. How I hate this old brown couch in our dining-area-turned-sitting-room. I think the color is called "Slough of Despond". But the new pillow certainly makes it easier on the eyes. I'd so love to replace the couch with a light and bright Ektorp. Someday!

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous pop of color that makes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grandma G! When I saw that fabric I really had to have it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Carissa, thanks! I fell in love with it. Wish they'd do a reprint. It's very current!

      Delete
  3. The fabric is gorgeous! I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Would totally fit right into my living room. :) As for the ektorp, we have two and really like them! Wouldn't mind getting some new covers actually because we've had them for quite awhile. but they hold up well through the years even though the kids are rough on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skooks, I'm so glad to hear yet another positive Ektorp review! It makes me want to drive to IKEA right now.

      Delete
  4. Wow, love those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!