Finally the follow through. I actually bought this pattern two years ago. I was fizzing with excitement to make myself heaps of cute tunic tops at the time. Then the muslin I made was too small and I was stymied by the adjustments needed for my shoulders, yada yada yada...couple years go by and I attempted it again.
I used a chambray linen blend by Robert Kaufman that I had in the stash. I'd say it was a success overall. I think it's a cute top and this is the first time I've ever sewn set-in sleeves without wanting to cry. They eased in like a dream. The photos in the pattern are a bit hard to decipher (because of the fabric she used) so I read this great Tova sew-along by VeryKerryBerry and she has some really useful tips.
I made it in a larger size overall this time to fit my shoulders and ended up having to take it in quite a bit on the sides. I think if I did it over I might just try to widen the shoulders instead of sizing up. I think the neck looks too gapey on me in this size and I'm not thrilled with the way the collar lays open. I think I might try to make the neck opening smaller next time.
The trickiest part by far was sewing in the yoke. It's makes for some pretty weird contortions as you sew!
Two minor mods I made: I cut 1/2 inch off the collar piece. I made it as is on the first try and it stood out in a strange way, probably because the neck opening is too roomy. I redid it with a thinner collar as shown. I also added three tucks to the hem just to jazz it up a bit.