Saturday, November 16, 2019

Update on Mrs Claus!


Hello! Update on Mrs Claus: The pattern is not available yet, but she’s finally tweaked to my satisfaction (there was some pretty serious and distressing creative block on her accessories and proportions). This one shown is a tight prototype and super close to the final. Just one of the several things giving me lots of grief was how best to make her teeeny tiiiiny mistletoe ball. So many versions in the trash. Got that licked:


She can either hold this beaded mistletoe ball for a smooch with her fave elf, or an apple to give to her favorite reindeer (or to help detox Mr World Traveler after his night of endless cookies). The apple is simpler, but the mistletoe is easier to make than it looks, I promise.


This second #twasthenightornaments pattern is going to debut in my shop later than I’d like, but she’ll still be available to make for Christmas if you can squeeze it in. I’m working as fast as I can to make samples and write the pattern around trips out of town. If you want to make her, get a jump on the 'Twas the Night kits/materials offered at Benzie Design, and while you are at it also grab some stiffened felt for the tiny little wrapped gift and an 8 mm wood bead for the mistletoe/apple. (Benzie also sells both of those things!) In addition to a black and red gel pen for her face, you'll also need a white gel pen for her hair. The Santa Claus pattern is currently available: mmmcrafts.etsy.com

10 comments:

  1. Larissa, she's gorgeous. I can't wait to make her. On a side note, I finished the snow bird and will go to Etsy and send you a picture. When the tree is up, I will send another pic or two. 🤶

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you recommend a brand of pens you use for making the face? I've had some bad experiences

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Gelly Roll pens. So opaque and they don't run or bleed.

      Delete
  3. These are absolutely fantastic! I love your work, and maybe someday I'll get up the courage to try one! Till then, keep your creations coming because you're truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is really kind of you to say! Thanks so much! (you can do it! start simple with Snow Bird if you like)

      Delete
  4. I have just purchased the Santa pattern have made the whole of the 12 days of Christmas for my daughter as part of her advent house/calendar starting next week.these patterns are amazing and lovely to make and sew.
    More patterns please and as fast as you can !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks so much! Oh for more time in the day! You wouldn't believe all the ideas in my head clamoring to come to life. I'm so happy you enjoy the patterns! Congrats on completing the set!

      Delete
  5. Oh I'm so excited and that mistletoe ball?! *swoon* Your patterns are just incredible. I'm more than halfway through the Twelve Days ornaments and about to start on the St. Nicholas. You inspire so many with your designs. Thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!