Thursday, July 29, 2021

all new releases on hold for now, please read this post


Where to begin. I'll just dive in. My family is currently in the middle of a medical emergency* that began three weeks ago. While Ghost of Christmas Past is very close to completion, the release is on hold and will be on hold for at least a few weeks while God gets us through this. Your prayers are very welcome.
*See update below!

2021 has presented a series of hard personal challenges to me beginning with the illness and death of my Dad in January and including my own health issues, but I've been coaching myself this whole time that there is no problem, still plenty of time to catch up on my design goals for this year. With this latest challenge, I must face facts. Catching up is just not realistic and I need to reset my goals:
  1. I still plan to release Ghost of Christmas Past as soon as I am able. I cannot say when that will be but hopefully in the next few weeks. God willing.
  2. I cannot guarantee any other releases this year. I humbly apologize, I know many of you were looking forward to the releases. I was too. God has different plans for me.
  3. As time allows after Ghost is released, I will be tackling the next pattern and will release it this fall if at all possible. It may not be possible.
  4. The shop is open for now. I'm available and happy to assist with questions via the shop. You'll get your speediest answer there, as opposed to FB or IG. There may be a time coming when I need to close my Etsy shop temporarily, but I will keep it open if I can.
  5. This blog is a huge resource for tips, tutorials and links while you work on my projects. Have a look through my sidebars and nav buttons to get started.
As always, I so appreciate your patience and support. Once again, I do sincerely apologize for the delay. I will update more when I can.


MEDICAL UPDATE: Thank you thank you thank you for your prayers and encouraging messages, wonderful folks! This man right here came home from the hospital after eleven long days. He is 12 lbs down, poked full of holes, exhausted, but making very steady progress day by day. It will be a long time 'til he's back to normal, but what counts is now he's HOME. Thank you, merciful God!
(Photo is from his birthday a few months ago.)

25 comments:

  1. I am sure that I'm not alone in believing that there will be many folk praying for you and your family right now. We don't need details - God knows your needs. And we don't need apologies - at a time like this, you must put family concerns first. God be with you all, surround you with His Love and give you His Peace 🙏❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Angela! You wrote what was on my heart <3 Larissa may our Lord carry and guide you and your family through this journey. Sending hugs and love!

      Delete
    2. You made me cry, Angela! Thank you so much.

      Delete
  2. Sending you love and prayers Larissa. You have brought so many of us joy with your amazing creativity and the sharing of your talents. Please focus on you and your healing and don’t worry about your fan club. We will be right here praying for you, thinking of you and appreciating you. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm putting y'all on my prayer list. Every day, without fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know who the Great Physician is and may He bless you with healing and strength. Sometimes we push ourselves daily and won't take a needed break so our health suffers to the point we finally listen. That tends to be my case anyway. There's a reason we were created to have around 8 hours of sleep daily-to rest and mend. When I worked I only got about 5 hours of sleep and felt like a walking zombie. I ignored that feeling and kept pushing on until I retired. Take a break,listen to God,listen to your body...take care of yourself. We can wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, I never seem to go to sleep when I should and you are right -- it probably creeps up on you. Great advice.

      Delete
  5. Be good to yourself. Prayers from all over the world will be offered in your behalf. We can make all kinds of plans, but life, events, and time get in our way. Turn your life over to the Lord he can handle it. Bless you for being so thoughtful and sharing your talents will all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The inks that you added to your comments are beyond 00% inappropriate and extremely disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MRM, you are right, it was spam and those were terrible links. They've been deleted. Not sure what market they think they'll be hitting here on my craft blog. :-)

      Delete
  7. ishikavarma I apologize for my comment. I should have remembered my Mum's advise, "If you can't say something nice keep your mouth shut."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While that is wonderful advice from both our moms, you called it right. :-) Not sure anyone is shopping links to call girls on my blog posts, so I'm always puzzled why they end up in my comments.

      Delete
  8. May the peace of the Lord be with you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramona, thanks so much! We feel surrounded by support and prayer.

      Delete
  9. Many prayers coming your way. Self-care is such an important thing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again! SO happy to see your update. I'll continue to pray for a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Home is the best place to get well! Glad he's home and on the upswing. No worries about the delayed release. Your wonderful patterns are worth waiting for!! Continued prayers to all :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!