Wednesday, January 26, 2022

minor update to Santa Claus pattern

ATTN: 'TWAS THE NIGHT MMMAKERS: I'm making a minor update to the Santa Claus pattern if you'd like to do the same. Santa's hanging loop was originally attached at the top of his collar because I was concerned that the attachment might pull his hat out of shape over time. That's been bothering me because it's not ideal. 

I was recently made aware of a typo in the TTN patterns (I spelled Q-Tip "cue tip" LOL) so while I'm correcting that in the PDFs, I'm going to adjust the directions in Santa Claus to move the loop attachment to the back of his hat, just above the rim (as shown in the photo above). At that spot, the glue holding the hat on his head should keep the loop from pulling the hat out of shape.

If you'd like, make a little note to that effect on your patterns. But you can also keep attaching it on his collar, if you prefer! The advantage with that is you can turn or angle his head without effecting the angle at which he hangs. :-)

1 comment:

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!