Thursday, September 15, 2022

details, details...


Details, details...

Trying out the best way to include the pitiable little figures of Ignorance and Want while still keeping the outward cheerful Christmas Present aesthetic. I confess I had ruled out including these two hidden children for simplicity's sake, but a comment from a follower on Facebook sent me down this irresistible rabbit hole. (You know who you are, Ursula. :-) Thanks.)

It is an interesting challenge to hide them well underneath the robe, and they will make a lovely little Easter egg for any Dickens fan who peeks inside the robe just in case. 

I'm rolling my chair across the carpet from my work table back to the Mac now, armed with a new round of adjustments for the next version. It should go much smoother adding these details as I sew instead of after the fact, like here. Better finishing.

I'm also still working out the details of the magical torch (mostly happy with it) and the best method to hang the empty scabbard from his belt. I'm leaning toward something allowing a little free swing action and maybe a tiny bell somewhere. Because bells are fun.

Simplicity. *snorts* Bah! 

14 comments:

  1. These details are AMAZING! and I"m so glad you added the two urchins. :-). It really makes the Ghost just like the story! So excited I can't wait to get the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking amazing and I can’t wait to try to make these. I’m hoping I can do it and this one has inspired me again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can’t wait for the pattern to drop. Also looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve for Christmas Future. As a student of Victorian Literature, making this particular set of ornaments is a must for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dickens! Mr Yet To Come is still a puzzler in my head. Working on it. :-)

      Delete
  4. I am waiting with baited breath for the release of this one! So WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masz złote ręce, które czynią cuda! Twoje prace są przepiękne! Pozdrawiam z Polski.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Dori! And Primitive Moon!

      Delete
  5. We just discovered your patterns and are having fun making your Scrooge ornaments for our tree this year. Looking forward to this new ghosts release.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recently discovered your store on Etsy and are currently busy making your Scrooge ornaments for our tree. We are eagerly awaiting this new ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I miss the Christmas Past ornament?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! Ghost of Christmas Past is available in my Etsy shop, mmmcrafts.etsy.com :-)

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!