Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the reee-diculous pile, part 1


I was recently surveying the huge snarl of various half-done projects on my desk, so I took some photos to share what I've been up to. And what I will be up to.

First off, my main priority is to finish my bunny pattern I did months ago and get it in the shop. It will now be named Baby Binky Bunny, instead of Bonnie, because it isn't really a girly bunny. It could pass for a she or a he. All depends on the fabrics. And I'm adding a little quilt blankie for her/him to snuggle whilst napping (that's the attractively arranged wreck of fabric under the unfinished bunny).


Teetering on top of a pile to the left of that is the fabric and felt for the next bunny victim after I finish Draft No. 2. with the green ears and brown linen.


Here's another thing on my pile, a new pattern drafted from my Girls Style Book: the sleeveless blouse on the left in the book (and how cool is the little dress on the right? that'll be pattern draft no. three). I'll be making this amazingly simple 3-piece blouse in white for starters. This could be such a great little summer shirt staple for my girls if it turns out well. Crossing fingers.

Oy. There is so much more junk on my desk! I'll save that for another post, I can see your eyes glazing over. Oh, wait those are mine. :-)

10 comments:

  1. yeah.. the bunny pattern i am waiting for sooooo long ;D .. cab't wait to sew one... or two... ore tree (my boys surely will have one of their own too :)
    hugs
    steffi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, make it snappy, sister. I have a baby shower to go to next weekend. Actually, could you just add some premade bunnies to the shop? I really don't have time to sew for this one... :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (cringing) yes, I know Steffi. Sigh. I'm so sorry! :0\
    Robyn, um. yeaaaahh. Did you see the pile of junk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun pile, though. I have to say I am a little envious of that fact that you have an actual desk to get that messy. Seriously, all of my to-do projects are sorted in Walmart sacks. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Olivia. Walmart, Kohl's, whatever is handy...
    Can't wait to see finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, larissa,... i don't want you to be sorry. i just wanted to say that i am really lookling forward to sew it.
    i see that you have a lot of work so i didn't expected the pattern. A really nice surprise:)
    steffi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bunny softie is soooo cute. Can't wait for the pattern- and just in time for Easter too! Woo Hoo.

    Love your blog by the way.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steffi, thanks for your kind thoughts but really! it's been months. That's really bad, even for me! :-)

    Jess and Olivia, thinking about plastic shopping bags stuffed with projects does make me very thankful for my craft room, which can stay looking like an absolute trainwreck without anyone having to see it. And it often does. Ok, honestly, always. I'll never win one of those "Crafter's stunning creative space" awards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel! I always have half finished projects because I get so excited I start another one! Sadly, I am space challenged and they seem to take over one corner of my room :) by the way- I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. at least your 'pile' is somewhat organized. mine... http://whosies.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-tires-and-other-goodies.html ------not so much. great bunny.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!