Tuesday, August 27, 2013

thank you, Rachel Shippy and Ladies' Home Journal!




I was very excited when Rachel Shippy, professional lovely person, contacted me about featuring my oft-pinned foyer plate wall in the September issue of Ladies' Home Journal. Understatement. And there it is! Our entryway on page 30. Things 1 & 2 were impressed. Michael said, "I think I see some dust on the plates." Thanks, Babe. (Probably true.)

 
And here is Rachel herself in the editor's letter on page 8, next to a wonder wall of her own making. Hi, Rachel! I'm loving your chevron wall.

11 comments:

  1. That is so cool. And now you can also add "published photographer" to your list of accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob. If I had known the number of times this photo would be pinned I would have polished the floor and changed the doormat.

      Delete
  2. Wowza! That's really cool. I have loved that plate wall since you first posted it. I had a photo I took printed on the front page of our (very small) local newspaper once. I felt pretty cool about it, but it's no LHJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you! Will you come and hang plates on my foyer wall? When I do it, it looks like a pre-schooler attacked my house. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traci! Heyyyyyy. Thanks, roomie. And yes, I will. I love hammering holes in other people's walls.

      Delete
  4. Way to go, you! I love that arrangement. I like the title, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larissa! this is awesome! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me how to attach plates to wall.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carolyn! I used plate hangers and nails. Plate hangers are made with springs and come in large and small sizes.

      Delete
  7. So awesome! You can come help me decorate my house anytime. We just put in an offer on a fairly contemporary home. I'm looking forward to trying some redecorating (but I suck at it). Feel free to pop over for a color consult anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!