Friday, August 29, 2014

Turtle Dove pattern in the shop!



I'm done, I'm done! Here's the second ornament in the Twelve Days ornament series, Turtle Dove. (Here's the post for the first set, Partridge & Pear.) I'm really happy with the way this turned out and I'm still loving the Sulky stabilizer which makes this handmade ornament series so so easy to make. If you can handle basic embroidery stitches you can totally do this project, and do it well.


The key is the Sulky Printable Stick 'n Stitch (formerly known as Sulky Printable Sticky Fabri-Solvy), a wonderful felt crafting stabilizer. You simply print my ornament pattern on the water soluble stabilizer, adhere it to felt and then embroider right through it. No tracing or transferring complicated embroidery patterns by hand. Outstanding! Read through this earlier post to learn more about how the process works. I've listed some sources where you can purchase the stabilizer in the pattern.


You can purchase this instant download Turtle Dove pattern PDF in either my Etsy or my Craftsy shops. Go to the listing to get more details on the pattern itself. I hope you enjoy it!

10 comments:

  1. Those are so gorgeous! I wish somebody would make me a set! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this series. Love these!! Looking forward to stitching all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! I'm excited about getting them all DONE! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Eeeeee, pretty! That Sulky stuff is genius. Beautiful job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving working on my set of ornaments, but I'm baffled as to what the wooden ball under the bird is. My family is placing bets. Is it feet? a counter balance? A teensy colored egg :? (Ok, that last one can't be right...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it's a tucked up bird foot, but you are welcome to leave it off if you like!

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!