Saturday, December 27, 2014

handmade gifts 2014: gold ring and goose a-laying ornaments for robyn


Presenting Robyn's very tardy Gold Ring and Goose A-Laying ornaments. Super tardy. Three years tardy. Wait, that can't be right. Wow, is that right? Great gophers, it is right. But I'm back on track! Halfway to your complete set, Robyn. Longest running Christmas gift ever.


I like to include some sparkly sequins and glass beads on these one-of-a-kinds for her.


I had fun making them despite the fact this is actually the second ring and fourth goose ornament I've made for her during the dry spell. Sometimes it takes a few years tries to get it right. (Yes, dear readers, this is a sneak peek of the future patterns number 5 and 6.)

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and I can't wait. How much fun are you having with these. ;o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Romona, quite a lot actually. Haha! Thank you and happy new year!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, yes! Robyn is so lucky to get all hers made for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma G, Haha! Sure you can't con Jessica into it?

      Delete
    2. Yup, pretty sure. Methinks she'd rather have ME make one for HER. ;)

      Delete
  3. will the patterns have pretty sequins also or my arch nemesis, the French Knot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be designed with your arch nemesis but you can sub in sequins if you are a quitter like that. Haha. JK, Bethie.

      Delete
    2. I think i wil do sequins on the ring. Extra bling never hurts.

      Delete
    3. That will be very sparkly and pretty! Love to see it!

      Delete
  4. OH MY WORD!! I love it. Lucky lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Each one is more stunning than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, ladies, I know that I am lucky, lucky, lucky! Every handmade gift from Larissa is a treasure - although, as fantastic as they are, they pale in comparison to her friendship. Love you, Larry, and thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sparkle! Can you share what size sequins you are using?

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!